Samsung has teamed up with Microsoft to unveil; Samsung Odyssey, a Windows Mixed Reality Headset. The headset was announced at an event in San Francisco. With the launch, Samsung joins other mixed-reality headsets from partners like Dell, HP, Lenovo, and Acer.
The Samsung HMD Odyssey comes with full support for Microsoft’s Mixed Reality Platform. The Headset sports dual 3.5-inch AMOLED displays with a 110-degree field of view. It comes with 6-axis: Accelerometer and Gyrometer.
Samsung has also partnered with Austrian headphone and microphone manufacturer AKG to offer built-in headphones, which offers 360-degree Spatial Sound. In addition to that, it supports 2 mics and notably, it comes with Cortana built-in.
Samsung Odyssey Specifications
- 3.5-inch Dual AMOLED Display 1,440 x 1,600 @90/60Hz
- Interface: HDMI2.0 + USB 3.0 Interface Bound Cable (4m Length)
- Camera: 6 DOF Camera x 2
- Lens: Single Fresnel
- Field Of View: Φ66, FOV 110º, 6.7X
- IPD: 60-72mm Range
- Sensor: Accelerometer (6 Axis), Gyrometer (6 Axis), Compass (3 Axis), Proximity Sensor, IPD Sensor
- Acoustics: 2 MIC Support, Cortana, Built-in AKG Headphone
- Control & Function: Volume, IPD Adjustment
- Dimension: 202mm(W) x 131.5mm(D) x 111mm(H)
- Weight: 645g
The Samsung HMD Odyssey is priced at US$499 (roughly around Rs 32,600 / EUR 424) and will start shipping in November.