ASUS announced its latest smartphone in new series; Zenfone 5 at the MWC 2018 in Barcelona. The smartphone is integrated with AI into its display, camera and in the charging, pretty much the Zenfone 5Z.
ALSO READ: Checkout Our MWC 2018 Coverage!
ASUS Zenfone 5
The Zenfone 5 comes with a 6.2-inch Full HD+ 19:9 Super IPS display with iPhone X like notch design, which lets it offer 90% screen-to-body ratio. This smartphone is powered by Snapdragon 636, coupled with 6GB RAM, runs on Android Oreo and all these are backed by a 3300mAh battery.
On the camera front, it sports a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, OIS, and 0.03s Dual-pixel PDAF along with scene detection AI, which can detect 16 types of scenes. It also has a secondary 8-megapixel rear camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens for portrait shots. At the front, it has an 8-megapixel camera with auto portrait and the face unlock feature.
Not only the notch, ASUS has also brought inn ZeniMoji, similar to that Animoji. Apart from that, the smartphone features world’s first DTS Headphone: X for 7.1-channel surround sound, comes bundled with Hi-Res Audio earphone, furthermore, it has dual speakers with five-magnets and NXP Smart amplifier.
ASUS Zenfone 5 (ZE620KL) Specifications
- 6.2-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass Super IPS display with 500 nits Brightness, 95.4% NTSC color gamut, DCI-P3, 1500: 1 Contrast Ratio, Glove Touch support, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB storage + expandable via MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 0.03s Tri-Tech auto-focus/Dual Pixel PDAF/ 4-axis OIS/EIS, Pro mode with RAW support, secondary 8MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 120-degree wide-angle lens
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 83-degree wide-angle lens
- Android 8.0 Oreo with ZenUI 5.0 (upgradable to Android P)
- 3300mAh battery with ASUS BoostMaster fast charging and AI charging
- Dual VoLTE SIM (hybrid, nano)
- Fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual speakers with NXP 9874 Smart AMP, Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24b-bit, DTS Headphone: X for 7.1 channel surround sound, dual microphones
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB-C (2.0)
- Dimensions: 153×75.65×7.85mm; Weight: 155g
The ASUS Zenfone 5 comes in Midnight Blue and Meteor Silver colors. It will roll out from April. There is no word on the pricing and Indian launch yet. Stay tuned.
Image Credits: Cnet