ASUS has announced its flagship smartphone; Zenfone 5Z with top-end specs at MWC 2018 in Barcelona. The main highlight of the smartphone is its AI, which is integrated into its display, camera and in the charging, apparently making it a true AI smartphone.
ALSO READ: Checkout Our MWC 2018 Coverage!
ASUS Zenfone 5Z
The Zenfone 5Z comes with a 6.2-inch FHD+ 19:9 Super IPS display with iPhone X like notch design, equipped with AI display which auto corrects the color temperate of the display. It is powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC, coupled with 8GB of RAM, runs on Android Oreo and all these are backed by a 3300mAh battery.
Coming to the camera, it sports a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, OIS, and 0.03s Dual-Pixel PDAF along with AI scene detection (auto detects 16 types of scenes), has a secondary 8-megapixel rear camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens for portraits shots. At the front, it has an 8-megapixel camera with auto portrait and the face unlock feature.
This smartphone features world’s first DTS Headphone: X for 7.1-channel surround sound, comes bundled with Hi-Res Audio earphone, furthermore, it has dual speakers with five-magnets and NXP Smart amplifier.
ASUS Zenfone 5Z (Z5620KL) Specifications
- 6.2-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass Super IPS display with 500 nits Brightness, 95.4% NTSC color gamut, DCI-P3, 1500: 1 Contrast Ratio, Glove Touch support, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB /128GB / 256GB storage + expandable via microSD (up to 2TB)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 0.03s Tri-Tech auto-focus/Dual Pixel PDAF/ 4-axis OIS/EIS, Pro mode with RAW support, secondary 8MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 120-degree wide-angle lens
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 83-degree wide-angle lens
- Android 8.0 Oreo with ZenUI 5.0 (upgradable to Android P)
- 3300mAh battery with ASUS BoostMaster fast charging and AI charging
- Dual VoLTE SIM (hybrid, nano)
- Fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual speakers with NXP 9874 Smart AMP, Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24b-bit, DTS Headphone: X for 7.1 channel surround sound, dual microphones
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB-C (2.0)
- Dimensions: 153×75.65×7.85mm; Weight: 155g
The Asus Zenfone 5Z comes in Midnight Blue and Meteor Silver colors and the pricing starts at EUR 479 (roughly USD 586 / INR 38,100). It will roll out from June and there is no information about Indian launch yet. Stay tuned.
Image Credits: Cnet