Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 mobile platform announced at 2017 4G/5G Summit. It is an upgraded version of Snapdragon 630 that was introduced earlier this year. The 636 is developed using the same 14nm FinFet processor technology.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Processor
The Snapdragon 636 SoC uses the same eight Kryo 260 CPUs instead of A53 CPUs in the Snapdragon 630 that promises 40% increase in performance. It support for ultra-wide FHD+ displays and Assertive Display, which optimizes the visibility of the display in all lighting conditions.
The Qualcomm TruPalette and Qualcomm EcoPix features are integrated into the Adreno Visual Processing Subsystem to support superior viewing experiences. It uses Adreno 509 GPU that promises 10% improved performance compared to Adreno 508.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform
- 1.8 GHz Octa-Core Kryo 260 CPUs
- 14nm FinFet Process Technology
- Up To 8GB Memory, 2×16 LPDDR4x 1333 MHz, eMMC, UFS, USB 3.1
- Integrated X12 LTE, Qualcomm All Mode With Support For All Seven Cellular Modes, And Support For: VoLTE With SRVCC To 3G And 2G, HD And Ultra HD Voice (EVS), CSFB To 3G And 2G, Voice Over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) With LTE Call Continuity
- Hexagon 680 DSP With Qualcomm All-Ways Aware Technology, Snapdragon Neural Processing Engine SDK And Caffe/Caffe2 And Tensorflow Support
- Cat 12/13 Speeds Of Up To 600 Mbps Down/150 Mbps Up Via 3x20MHz Downlink, 2X20MHz Uplink
- Adreno 509 GPU With Support For OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0 Full, Vulkan, DX12
- Qualcomm Spectra 160 ISP – Up To 24 MP Single Camera, Up To 16 MP Dual Camera
- Hybrid Autofocus, Optical Zoom, Zero Shutter Lag
- Qualcomm Aqstic Audio Codec – Hi-Fi Audio On The Go, With Up To 192kHz/24bit Support Lossless Audio Playback
- Supports Up To FHD+ (2160 × 1080 ) 18:9 Displays
- 4K Capture At 30fps, Hardware HEVC (H.265) Encode And Decode
- Dual-Band 802.11ac With MU-MIMO 1×1, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, And SBAS And Bluetooth 5
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4 Technology
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform is expected to ship to customers in November 2017.