After teasing with several images, Xiaomi has sent out invites for its next announcement; Xiaomi Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus smartphones at an event in China on December 7th. The new smartphones with model numbers MDT1 and MDE1 have been certified by TENAA today.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 And Redmi 5 Plus
According to the leaks, the Redmi 5 packs in a 5.7-inch HD+ full-screen 18:9 display, powered by a 1.8GHz Octa-Core processor (which could be Snapdragon 450), with a fingerprint sensor on the back and features a unibody metal design.
While the Redmi 5 Plus will sport 5.99-inch FHD display, is rumored to come with Snapdragon 625 SoC, coupled with 3GB / 4GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB storage, and packs in a 4000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Specifications (Rumored)
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 720 pixels) HD+ Display With 18:9 Aspect Ratio, 2.5D Curved Glass
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 SoC
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB / 4GB RAM
- 16GB / 32GB / 64GB Storage + Expandable Via MicroSD (Up To 128GB)
- 12MP Rear Camera With LED Flash
- 5MP Front-Facing Camera
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat With MIUI 9
- 3200mAh Battery
- Dual SIM (Hybrid), Fingerprint Sensor, Infrared Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- Dimensions: 151.8 × 72.8 × 7.7mm; Weight: 157g
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus are expected to come in Black, Rose Gold, Gold, White, Blue, Red, Pink, Gray and Silver colors. Although there is no official pricing leaked, it is speculated to be priced around 699 Yuan (roughly Rs 6,800 / US$105) and 999 Yuan (roughly Rs 9,700 / US$150) price tags. Stay tuned.