It’s only been two weeks since Vivo’s latest attempt with an in-display fingerprint reader on a smartphone (at CES 2018). Well, the company has announced its latest smartphone; Vivo X20 Plus UD with the in-display fingerprint sensor.
Vivo X20 Plus UD
Ditching fingerprint sensor, Vivo X20 Plus UD features Clear ID FS9500 optical fingerprint sensor from Synaptics, which unlocks the smartphone through one-touch fingerprint scanning directly on the display.
Apart from the highlit sensor, the smartphone sports a 6.43-inch FHD AMOLED display, powered by Snapdragon 660 SoC, coupled with 4GB RAM, 128GB expandable storage, with 12-megapixel front and 12-megapixel rear camera with (added) secondary 5-megapixel rear camera, runs on Android Nougat and all these are backed by a 3905mAh battery.
Vivo X20 Plus UD Specifications
- 6.43-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18: 9 Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 SoC (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260)
- Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB storage + expandable via microSD (up to 256GB)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, OIS, LED flash, secondary 5MP camera
- 12MP front-facing camera with soft LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Funtouch OS 3.2
- 3905mAh battery with fast charging support
- In-display Fingerprint sensor, ES9318 DAC, 3.5mm audio jack
- Dual SIM (hybrid), 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- Dimensions: 165.2 × 80.02 × 7.35mm; Weight: 183.1g
The Vivo X20 Plus UD (in-display fingerprint sensor variant) comes in Black color with Gold accents and is priced at CNY 3,598 (roughly INR 36,131 /USD 568 /EUR 457). It will be available in China from February 1st. What do you guys think about the device? Is it the prime time to release a device with an in-display sensor? let us know in the comment section below.