HTC is all set to launch its flagship smartphone – HTC U12 Plus at an event on May 23. Most of the specifications and features are out in open, it is the pricing and availability that was under the wraps, not anymore. According to a Taiwanese news, the pricing of the smartphone is revealed.
HTC U12 Plus: The Flagship
The HTC U12 Plus comes with a 6-inch QHD+ display, powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU, coupled with 6GB RAM, 64/128GB storage, runs on Android Oreo and is backed by a 3420mAh battery.
HTC U12+: Black, Red Rose, Violet and “Translucent” variants planned. Comes with 6in screen and 64GB in Euroland. Single and Dual SIM models planned. And it won’t be cheap.
— Roland Quandt (@rquandt) May 9, 2018
Coming to the camera front, it will sport dual rear cameras – one with 12MP HTC UltraPixel rear camera with dual LED flash and the other with a 16MP rear camera. And dual 8MP front-facing cameras with Real-time bokeh effects. Apart from that, the smartphone will feature HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi edition for superior audio quality.
HTC U12 Plus Specifications (Rumored)
- 6-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ Super LCD 6 display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB storage (UFS 2.1) + expandable via microSD (up to 2TB)
- 12MP HTC UltraPixel rear camera with dual LED flash, secondary 16MP rear camera
- 8MP + 8MP dual front-facing cameras with Real-time bokeh effects
- Android 8.0 Oreo with HTC Sense UI
- 3420mAh battery with fast charging
- Dual SIM (nano, hybrid), Water and dust resistant (IP68), Fingerprint sensor
- USB-C audio, HTC USonic with Active Noise Cancellation, HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi edition, Hi-Res audio certified
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
While the 128GB model will cost NTD23,900 (roughly INR 53,846 or USD 801) to NTD24,900 (roughly INR 56,032 or USD 834). These prices are in no way in the mid-range segment and put the phone right with Samsung and Pixel series phones.