Motorola has announced Moto Z3 Play, company’s latest smartphone in the Moto Z series with the support for Moto Mods. The main highlight of the smartphone is its AI cameras and the support for Moto Mods.
Moto Z3 Play
The Z3 Play comes with 6-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, powered by Snapdragon 636 SoC, coupled with 4GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB expandable storage, runs on Android Oreo and all these are backed by a 3000mAh battery with Turbocharging.
Coming to the camera, it sports 12-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 5-megapixel camera for depth-sensing AI photo features, including Cinemagraphs and support for Google Lens. The Z3 has Corning Gorilla Glass protection on the front and back and it has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
This also has gesture-based One Button Nav bar at the bottom, even though it doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor below the screen. Much like any other Moto smartphones, this phone supports Moto Display and Moto Actions.
Moto Z3 Play Specifications
- 6-inch (1080 x 2160 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB storage + expandable via microSD (up to 2TB)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1.4um pixel size, a secondary 5MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- 3000mAh battery with Turbocharging
- Fingerprint sensor, Dual SIM
- Water repellent nano-coating, Splash-resistant (p2i)
- Front port loudspeaker, 4 far-field mic system, USB Type-C audio
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 76.5 x 6.7mm; Weight: 156g
The Moto Z3 Play comes in Deep Indigo color and is priced at 2,299 Yuan (roughly Rs 40,157 / US$ 601) and will roll out globally starting this month in Brazil.