Samsung Galaxy Note series is possibly one of the most successful Android smartphone series. The Galaxy Note 1 introduced the concept of phablets and thereby revolutionized the smartphone industry. Well, Samsung is not set to introduce the ninth generation of the Galaxy Note series i.e the Samsung Galaxy Note 9. So here’s everything you need to about the Galaxy Note 9 before its launch.
26 JULY 2018
Some fresh renders and leaked images now clarify the overall design ergonomics of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9. The smartphone will we available in a wide variety of color variants, a dual camera setup, and a rear fingerprint sensor.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will also be the most expensive Samsung smartphone to date. According to a reliable source, the base model of the Note 9 will retail for a price €1050 which roughly translates into Rs. 84292. That said the variant with 512GB of storage space, is reported to retail at an even higher price with an estimated fee of €1300 proposed that roughly translates into Rs. 1,04,362.
04 AUGUST 2018
Samsung accidentally outed a promo video that revealed some of the features of the Galaxy Note9 that will go official on August 9th. Now, The retail box of the Note 9 has surfaced that reveals complete specifications of the smartphone. We are listing in down;
А вот и он. Пока корейцы готовятся к мировой презентации в Нью-Йорке, новенький Samsung Galaxy Note9 уже лежит в российских магазинах. Теперь известны все характеристики до анонса 👌 pic.twitter.com/Dj51ohBUxZ
— Dmitriy Ryabinin (@dryab) August 3, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note9 Specifications (Rumored)
- 6.4-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 514ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC / Octa-Core Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor
- Adreno 630 GPU / Mali G72MP18 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB/128GB/512GB storage (UFS 2.1) + expandable via microSD (up to 400GB)
- 12MP primary rear camera with f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, LED Flash, 960fps super slo-mo, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP autofocus front-facing camera with a wide-angle lens
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Fingerprint Sensor, Iris Scanner
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Design And Display
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 may feature similar design ergonomics as that of the Galaxy Note 8. The smartphone will offer a slight decrement in bezels towards the chin and forehead coupled with Samsungs’s popular curved glass towards the edges. The smartphone will be backed up by a 4000mAh battery.
Apart from that, we can also expect a slight increment in screen size from 6.3 inches to 6.4 inches. Samsung may offer an 18.5:9 aspect ratio for the new Note device. We can expect Mobile HDR and an AMOLED panel for display. The smartphone may offer a resolution of 2960 x 1440 pixels for a pixel density of 522ppi. Lastly, Samsung will also re-arrange the dual camera setup and the fingerprint sensor.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Processing Power
It is worth noting that, Samsung offers the most powerful smartphone SoC available at the time of the launch. Hence, applying the same algorithm the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 may be powered by the Snapdragon 845 processor.
Furthermore, we can expect 6GB / 8GB RAM variants coupled with 64GB / 128GB / 256GB internal storage. The smartphone will run on Android version 8.1 with Samsung’s own Experience UI custom skin on top of it.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9: The New S-Pen
S-Pen is possibly the major highlight of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9. The S-Pen that will come with the Galaxy Note 9 may offer Bluetooth connectivity. Well, here’s a summary of what all activities you can do with the S-Pen;
- Control music with the S Pen. This will probably allow you to control music like you can with earbuds by pressing the play/pause button. The S Pen button will probably let you play and pause music while also allowing you to skip music tracks.
- Use the S Pen as a remote camera shutter. This could be useful in situations where you want to take a picture of yourself and prop up your phone.
- You will be able to remotely unlock your phone if the S Pen was removed from the phone and then the phone locks.
- You will be able to press the S Pen button to do more in a range of apps. We don’t know about what other integrations with apps the S Pen will have, though, as the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 hasn’t launched.
- Press and hold the Pen button to open any app or S Pen feature.
- Set up single and double press Pen actions.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Camera
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 was the first Samsung smartphone that offered a dual-camera setup. That said Samsung might retain the dual-camera setup on the Note 9 to be the same format as the Note 8 with one telephoto lens and one wide-angle. Furthermore, we can also expect a camera similar to that of the S9+, which has a variable f/1.5 – f/2.4 aperture.
The Galaxy Note 9 will be launched on 9 August 2018. As mentioned above, the major improvement on the Note 9 will be in the S-Pen apart from minor camera improvements. Do share your thoughts and opinions on the Note 9 in the comments section below.