Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has announced that the Honor Play, company’s latest smartphone will launch in India on August 6th, exclusively on Amazon.in. Well, the main highlight of the smartphone is its GPU Turbo technology, AI camera features and a good battery life.
Honor Play: The Budget End Gaming?
The Honor Play comes with a 6.3-inch Full HD+ 19:5:9 display with a notch design, powered by Huawei’s own Kirin 970 10nm processor, coupled with 6GB RAM, NPU (Neural Processing Unit) and GPU Turbo technology. It runs on Android Oreo and all these are backed by a 3750mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Coming to the camera, the Play sports a 16-megapixel rear camera AI scene recognition that can detect over 500 scenes and the 2-megapixel secondary rear camera for portrait shots. The 16-megapixel front camera uses pixel binning technology, combining the information from four pixels to create one large 2.0µm pixel.
Honor Play Specifications
- 6.3-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display, 85% NTSC color gamut
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 970 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) 10nm processor
- Mali-G72 MP12 GPU, i7 co-processor, NPU, GPU Turbo
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage + expandable via microSD (up to 256GB)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, CAF, a secondary 2MP rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Android 8.1 Oreo with EMUI 8.2
- 3750mAh battery with fast charging
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, 7.1-channel audio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB-C
- Dimensions: 157.91×74.27×7.84mm; Weight: 176g
The Honor Play will be launching with 6GB RAM and 64GB storage option in India. This smartphone was launched in China last week and was priced at 2399 Yuan (roughly Rs 24,360 / US$354). We will know the Indian pricing when it will be launched next month.