Samsung finally unveiled the much-awaited Samsung Galaxy Note 9 at the Samsung Unpacked launch event in New York. The new Galaxy Note 9 is definitely a major upgrade to the well-received Samsung Galaxy Note 8 both in terms of hardware and software. The smartphone offers unmatchable flagship experience across the board.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Specifications And Features
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 offers a massive 6.4-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Display. The display on the Note 9 is truly immersive and is nearly bezel-less. The design aesthetics look strikingly similar to the predecessors but the new color variants make the phone look more premium.
The major upgrade on the hardware side in on the new S-Pen. The new S-Pen now has low-powered Bluetooth connectivity. Using which users can assign different tasks to different applications like clicking pictures and scrolling slides. These actions are based on a single press, a long press, and double press.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Specifications
- 6.4-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 516ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC orOcta-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810
- Adreno 630 GPU or Mali G72MP18 GPU
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB/512GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Single / Hybrid Dual SIM
- 12MP primary rear camera with f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, LED Flash, 960fps super slo-mo, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP autofocus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens, f/1.7 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless charging.
- Dimensions: 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8mm; Weight: 201g
The Galaxy Note 9 has incorporated a majority of camera features that the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus offered. Next major highlight of the smartphone is the 4000mAh battery that is adequate to power your Galaxy Note 9 and the bundled S-Pen. Last but not the least, Galaxy Note 9 will be the first smartphone in the world that will support Fortnite Beta on Android.
As far as pricing is concerned, the Galaxy Note 9 will retail for $999 for the 128GB storage variant and $1249 for the 512GB storage variant. Do share your thoughts and opinions on the Galaxy Note 9 in the comments section below.