Apple along with iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max also introduced a cheaper version – iPhone XR with LCD Liquid Retina display. Although, it is powered by the A12 Bionic 7nm processor, but loses the secondary 12-megapixel telephoto lens while retaining the wide-angle lens.
Apple iPhone XR; A Cheaper Version!
The iPhone XR packs in a 6.1-inch LCD 326ppi Liquid Retina display, powered by Apple’s own A12 Bionic 7nm processor with M12 motion co-processor, paired with 64GB / 128GB / 256GB storage, runs on iOS 12 and is backed by a battery with Qi wireless charging and fast charging.
Coming to the camera, it sports a 12-megapixel wide-angle (f/1.8) camera, OIS, True Tone flash and at the front 7-megapixel front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash. Apart from that, it has an Aluminum and Glass Design comes with Face ID, IP67 ratings, LTE Advanced, Dual SIM support (via eSIM).
Apple iPhone XR Specifications
- 6.1-inch (1792 x 828 pixels) LCD 326ppi Liquid Retina display, 3D Touch
- Six-core A12 Bionic 64-bit 7nm processor with four-core GPU, M12 motion co-processor
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB storage
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) camera, OIS, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording, Retina Flash
- iOS 12
- Built-in battery with Qi wireless charging, fast charging, up to 15 hours of internet use
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM / physical SIM in China)
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Dimensions: 150.9×75.7×8.3; Weight: 194 grams
The Apple iPhone XR comes in white, black, blue, yellow, coral and (PRODUCT) RED colours starting at $749 in the U.S. and is available for order starting from October 19th. It will go on sale in India along with over 50 countries from October 26 at Rs. 76,900 through Apple Authorised Resellers.