Apple announced its latest flagship smartphones – iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max at an event. The new iPhones come with a Super Retina HDR displays with support for Dolby Vision and HDR 10, as well as 120Hz touch-sensing. Both these have Face ID for unlocking.
Apple iPhone XS And iPhone XS Max
The iPhones XS packs in a 5.8-inch and the iPhone XS Max packs in a 6.5-inch 458PPI Super Retina HDR displays, powered by new Apple A12 Bionic chip based on a 7nm platform. This new chip improves the performance by up to 15% with 40% lower power compared to A11 Bionic.
The iPhone XS series have the same 12-megapixel primary rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, and a 12-megapixel secondary telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, both with OIS. It also has Smart HDR that makes use of A12 chip’s AI features. At the front, a 7-megapixel front camera has a f/2.2 aperture and the IR camera
Not just that, Apple has also introduced Dual SIM support with dual standby on both of these iPhones via eSIM that is already available on iPad worldwide for the first time. However, China will get support for Dual physical SIMs.
Apple iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max Specifications
- iPhone XS – 5.8-inch (2436 x 1125 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina HDR display, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical) 3D Touch
- iPhone XS Max – 6.5-inch (2688 x 1245 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina HDR display, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical) 3D Touch
- Six-core A12 Bionic 64-bit 7nm processor with four-core GPU
- M12 motion co-processor
- 64GB / 256GB / 512GB storage
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) and telephoto (f/2.4) cameras, Dual optical image stabilization, Optical zoom; Six‑element lens, Quad-LED True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording, Retina Flash
- iOS 12
- Built-in battery with Qi wireless charging, fast charging, up to 12 hours of internet use (iPhone XS) / 13 hours of internet use (iPhone XS Max)
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers, Four microphones
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM / physical SIM in China)
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Dimensions (XS): 143.6×70.9×7.7 mm; Weight: 177g
- Dimensions (XS Max): 157.5×77.4×7.7 mm; Weight: 208g
The Apple iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max come in Gold, silver and Space Gray colours. The iPhone XS starts at US$ 999 (Rs. 99,900 in India) and the iPhone XS Max starts at US$ 1,099 (Rs. 109,900 in India). These will be available in more than 30 countries and territories from September 21st with pre-orders starting tomorrow, September 14th.