A couple of years ago, Twitter randomly decided to mess up its timeline with reverse-chronological feed and applied an algorithm meant to surface tweets it thinks you’d like to see first. The goal was to drive user engagement, at the cost of losing the latest tweets.
Tweets In Reverse Chronological Order
Twitter seems to have acknowledged the hassle of showing the tailored tweets killing the true stream of real-time tweets. The micro-blogging company has begun backpedalling the decision and offered a getaway.
So, here is what you have to do to reverse chronological order on Twitter;
- Open up your Twitter app.
- Go to Settings and Privacy
- Go to Content Preferences.
- Turn off the “Show the best tweets first”.
- You’re done! Chronology is with you now.
- Open up Twitter.com in your browser.
- Scroll down to “Show the best tweets first”.
- Toggle off that setting.
- That’s it!
Why Returning To Reverse Chronological Timeline?