Earlier this month LG announced that it will announce its flagship smartphone – LG V40 ThinQ on October 3rd. Much any other smartphone released this year, the leaks are quite usual. Yes, we have already seen renders and rumours, and now, we have the press render of the phone.
LG V40 ThinQ: The Flagship!
Thanks to the leakster @evleaks, we got to see the upcoming smartphone from LG. Well, this smartphone reveals a notch design, triple rear cameras, dual front camera, fingerprint sensor on the back and a metal frame with a dedicated Google Assistant button below the volume rockers.
LG V40 ThinQ for AT&T pic.twitter.com/uMsxdsnXf0
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) September 26, 2018
Well, the triple rear cameras will include Telephoto lens, wide-angle lens, 2x zoom and AI features. It is also said to feature dual front cameras, powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, coupled with 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, paired with 64GB / 128GB expandable storage and runs on Android Pie.
LG V40 ThinQ Rumored Specifications
- 6.4-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) 19.5:9 FullVision OLED Display with 109% DCI-P3 color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (V40+ ThinQ) storage + expandable via microSD (up to 2TB)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.5 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 16MP camera with f/1.9 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 12MP camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, Dual LED flash
- 8MP front camera, secondary 5MP camera
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with LG UX
- 3,300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge, Wireless charging
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS: X 3D Surround Sound, Stereo speakers
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 158.7 x 75.8 x 7.79mm; Weight: 169g
The scheduled event starts at 5 PM on October 3rd (2:30 AM IST on October 4th) in NYC and on October 4th at 10 AM in Korea. We should know the details and price (of course) when the device goes official next month.