After a bunch of leaks and rumours, Google has finally unveiled its latest flagship smartphones – Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL. The smartphone features the controversial notch display but still struck with a single rear camera on both phones, continuing to resist the dual-camera industry trend.
Google Pixel 3 And Pixel 3 XL: The Bigger, The Better!
The Pixel 3 packs in a (regular) 5.5-inch AMOLED 18:9 display (up from 5-inch), while the Pixel 3 XL has a 6.3-inch AMOLED 19:9 display (up from 6 inches on the 2 XL). All in all, the actual phones are very similar in size and handling to their direct predecessors. These new devices will come powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform, coupled with 4GB RAM.
Although, the Google is still stuck with a single rear (12.2MP) camera, but at the front, things have changed. Both the Pixel 3 and 3 XL have two front-facing (8.1MP) cameras; one of them offers a wider field of view for getting more people or a greater sense of your surroundings into a selfie.
Well, the Pixels now support wireless charging (at up to 10 watts). Not just that, Google is introducing its own charging stand — the Pixel Stand, as an optional accessory. The Pixel 3 devices recognize when they’re sitting on Google’s charger and show custom UI elements like information from Google Assistant.
Furthermore, the new Pixel phones will ship with Android 9 Pie and Google’s digital wellness features out of the box. It also ditches Android’s traditional trio of virtual buttons (back, home, recent) in favour of the gesture navigation introduced as part of Pie.
Google Assistant and Google Lens are designed to be core parts of the software experience. The AI abilities have been enhanced, so now, a feature will allow Google Assistant to screen spam calls and let you decide whether to block a caller or get a reminder to call back later.
Google Pixel 3 And Pixel 3 XL Specifications
- Pixel 3 – 5.5-inch (1080 x 2160 pixels) FHD+ OLED 18:9 display, 443 PPI, HDR support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Pixel 3 XL – 6.3-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ OLED 19:9 display, 523 PPI, HDR support, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB DDR4X RAM
- 64GB/128GB storage
- 12.2MP rear camera with LED flash, 1.4μm pixel size, ƒ/1.8 aperture, 76° FOV, Dual PD autofocus, OIS, EIS, 4K video recording at up to 30 fps, 720p at up to 240 fps, Spectral + flicker sensor
- 8MP autofocus front camera with f/1.8 aperture, 75° FOV, secondary 8MP fixed focus camera with f/2.2 aperture, 97° FOV, 1080p video recording at up to 30 fps
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Pixel 3 – 2915 mAh (Pixel 3) / 3430mAh (Pixel 3 XL) battery with fast charging, wireless charging
- Fingerprint sensor, Active Edge
- Water and Dust Resistant (IP68)
- Stereo front-firing speakers, 3 microphones
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac 2x2MIMO, Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB-C Gen 1 , NFC
- Pixel 3- Dimensions: 145.6 x 68.2 x 7.9mm; Weight: 148g
- Pixel 3 XL- Dimensions: 157.9 x 76.7 x 7.9mm; Weight: 184g
The Pixel 3 come in Clearly White, Just Black and Not Pink colors and come with Google Pixel USB-C earbuds in the box. It is priced at Rs 71,000 for 64GB storage, Rs 80,000 for the 128GB storage variant. While the Pixel 3XL is priced at Rs 80,000 for the 64GB storage variant, Rs 92,000 for the 128GB storage.
The Pixel 3 and 3 XL pre-orders begin 11 October and will be available from 1 November.