Meizu is on the verge of launching its flagship smartphone Meizu 16 in India on December 5th. The Meizu 16 was introduced back in August. The main highlight of the smartphone is its powerpack internals and comes with custom copper cooling tube and feature an in-display fingerprint sensor.
Meizu 16: A New Flagship Entrant!
The Meizu 16 packs in a 6-inch Full HD+ 18:9 aspect ratio display with 91.18% screen-to-body ratio, powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC, coupled by 8GB RAM, paired with 64GB, 128GB / 128GB, runs on Android Oreo and all these are backed by 3010mAh battery with mCharge fast charging.
Coming to the camera, it has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX380 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture along with a 20-megapixel secondary telephoto lens with Sony IMX350 sensor for portrait shots and 3x lossless zoom and a 20-megapixel front-facing camera with AI beauty recognition and Face Unlock.
Meizu 16 Specifications
- 6-inch ( 1080 × 2160 pixels) Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 10000 : 1 aspect ratio, 430cd/m2 (typical) brightness, 402 PPI
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 64GB,128GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, 1/2.3″ Sony IMX380 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, Four-axis OIS, PDAF, Laser auto-focus, secondary 20MP telephoto lens, Sony IMX350 sensor, f/2.6 aperture, 6-LED ring LED flash
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, AI face unlock
- Android 8.1 Oreo with Flyme OS
- 3010mAh battery with mCharge fast charging
- Dual SIM, In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, dual speakers
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB-C
- Dimensions: 150.5×73.2×7.3mm ; Weight: 152g
The Meizu 16 was introduced starting at 2698 Yuan (~US$ 388 / ₹ 27,130), and there is also Meizu 16X with Snapdragon 710 SoC at a cheaper rate of 2098 Yuan (~US$ 302 / Rs. 21,095). We need to wait until the company reveals Indian pricing. Either way, stay tuned.